Monday, August 4, 2014

Hey guys! Another week flew by. Thanks for all the letters.

I don't think I will have time to respond to them all but I will answer questions at the end of this letter.
our rescued member this week
I don't know about you but I'm feeling 22! Just kidding, I don't really feel like I am twenty two at all. For my birthday we worked all day and then in the evening my pension bought a pizza! They brought it all the way from Huancayo and it was Pizza Hut. They put a candle on it and sang to me. It was really special after eating white rice and potatoes for basically every meal the past three months.
Birthday pictures
Everyone here is celebrating Santiago. It's a celebration that I have really no idea what it's for. Everyone I ask tells me something different. But they decorate all their animals with ribbons and drink a whole lot, and dance in the streets with bands and really fancy skirts. I can hear the Santiago dance song replaying in my head right now, it's been stuck in my head all week!
  the decorated cows for Santiago
A great lesson I have learned from my mission is what it means to have faith. One of our investigators that is progressing towards baptism got kicked out of her house with her two kids, they live in a humble home while she works washing clothes, and her friend who is a member told us she goes many days with out having food for her family. Even in her trials she has been looking for good, coming to church, and helped with our ward service project on Saturday. I know that God will bless her with what she needs as she seeks for God's kingdom as promised in 3 Nephi 13. I have promised so many people that they would have food to feed their families as they were obedient to the Lord and those who have the faith to act have always been blessed.
These are our pension's little girls.
I finished the Book of Mormon this week in Spanish. I had planned perfectly to finish it on my birthday. I simply want to share my testimony that it is a true book inspired by the Lord. I have been examining, studying, searching and applying its teachings for almost a year and a half and I can't deny that it is true, because of my own personal witness through prayer, the way it perfectly intertwines with the teachings of the bible, and the way it teaches me to be more like Christ every time I read it. I have paused to think to myself, if it wasn't true after a year and a half of studying it you would think that I would have found fault in it. But I am more convinced than ever that it must be the word of God and I will stand by it for my entire life.

Have a great week!

Hermana Rhoten


Questions, Answers and Comments:
How have you been? Happy and very busy.
Do you eat guinea pigs? Yes, but only on special occasions because they are expensive.

When's the date you fly into the airport? Ask my mom, I'm sure she knows. (Oct 14 @ 4pm)
I wish I could just dare people to be Mormon too Mason, that would be so much easier. You can't turn down dares.
If you want stuff just send money with my parents. My favorite things are the mantas (the blankets that they hold babies in that are super colorful), llama sweaters (so warm), nativities and mattes (the carved gourd things). I love all Peruvian things, they are so cool. 

I'm so excited for all the babies to be born in the near future. Babies here are so cute and so chubby. I learned this past week that they tell mothers in the hospital that they must breastfeed them for at least two years and longer is recommended. That sure explains a lot.

I love and miss you guys too!










No comments:

Post a Comment