Monday, August 11, 2014

Hey! I am on super late today

We had a giant multizone pday in Huancayo with all of the zones of Huancayo and the one in Huancavelica came too. We just played a bunch of games and stuff but it took all day. It was fun to see other companions and friends from through out my mission. 
Pictures from the baptisms. I was sick this day so I'm a little ugly. haha
So this week was super busy, I had mission counsel again all day Tuesday, divisions and we had baptisms! On top of all that I got sick. Sometimes I wonder how things ever get done when we are always sick all the time, but the work moves forward somehow. We taught a new high of lessons this week I passed through the worst of it, I had a high fever for two days, sore throat but now I just have a cough. I hate being in bed though so I went out and worked what I could even if it meant being miserable in the wind, cold and rain. I felt blessed by the lord for the efforts that we had. My zone leaders were calling to keep up on what was going on and the one that is going home the same time as me said Hermana Rhoten you can't die yet you have two months still! 
The highlight of the week was definitely the baptisms! The two older ones in the picture were investigators we found from helping reactivate their families, the littlest one is a ward baptism. They were baptized in our ward baptismal font, the river. The water was so cold and they were all so brave. River baptisms are different but so cool. I feel the spirit so strongly the moment of their baptisms and always feel like their is sunlight shining directly down on each of them.
more baptism fotos
It's also sometimes really tough to keep reverence during the program. We were interrupted by a herd of cows in the middle of it that passed through the middle of all the people sitting on the banks.
Then after the ordinance the elders and the boys had to go find bushes to change behind and they had to walk a long ways so we sang hymns forever! 
our ward mission leader and his pulpit
The best part of the meeting was the testimonies of those who were baptized. The youngest boy was so cold in the water and we almost thought he wasn't going to be able to get baptized because he was nervous but during his testimony he said I believe that during by baptism Jesus Christ was at my side and I felt all my sins washed away. I have definitely gained such a testimony of the importance of this ordinance from watching others take the step to follow Christ and be baptized and see how happy they are. The gospel is true! 

Hope you all have a great week! 

Hermana Rhoten 1











No comments:

Post a Comment