Monday, September 1, 2014

Hey familila y aleros! (the word for friends in honduras)

Happy Anniversary to my parents today. 24 years is a long time! 

So I'm going to turn into a catracha because my companion and I are staying together again! I'm finishing my mission here in Concepcion. We were really happy to hear that part. Then the zone leaders told us the bad news, they changed our area. They took away San Jeronimo and our Pueblitos and we just have the city of Concepcion. It was dumb but it felt like someone had died when they told us, all of the ward lives in San Jeronimo, and because of references all the investigators. We made a list of everyone we knew that lived in our area and we realized that we now only have two investigators and four families to visit because the rest went to the elders. It's basically like we are opening up an area.

We walked a ton this week, Some days of pure contacting, the kind where you get home and sit down and your legs shake. We were rejected a lot but found people to teach. But I think the Lord recognized how tired we were and gave us miracles right when we needed them. We were walking and a man called out to us in the street and asked us if we were religious teachers. When we responded yes he asked if we could come and teach him, he told us that he really needed God in his life. We have an appointment with him tonight, story to be continued....We also were also saved from angry dogs three times this week by rocks, a member that hasn't come to church the entire time I have been here came after we taught him on Saturday, and after many months one of our eternal investigators is getting baptized this Saturday! 

We went out to some of the ends of Concepcion this week and we found out that we have a cemetery. We walked by it and saw a group of people dancing and drinking in the middle of the cemetery! It looked so out of place. There is a funeral home near there and we were teaching a little girl that lives there. She told us that she wanted to grow up to be a doctor to save people from dying. It was cute.

My mom always asks about how our stomachs are doing. The truth is that my stomach is so messed up that President just told me to get it checked out when I get home and try and treat it there. He said we will do another parasite treatment before I go home. But I did forget to tell you that last week President announced that we are now forbidden to eat at members homes through out the mission. President didn't even decide the area did because there were too many missionaries who were sick. My companion and I love the members but we secretly shouted for joy in our room. 

Well the work that we are doing is still true. We have felt more than ever that he has helped us this week!

Love you guys! 

Hermana Rhoten 1

No comments:

Post a Comment