Monday, April 21, 2014

Hola Familia! Hey people love me this week!

I had so many letters in my inbox that this might be shorter than usual. But thanks everyone! You are all the greatest! Also Happy Easter and Happy Birthday to my dad this week!
  This week was busy and so tiring. We are preparing for that phone call of cambios tomorrow, we had interview with president and I did three divisions with hermanas that all turned about to be struggling more than I expected going in. Divisions wear you out but you definitely learn a lot from each of them. I wasn't supposed to do as many but the assistants called and asked me to do some for hermanas that I'm normally not in charge of because I have a special talent of speaking English and Spanish. My companion did awesome while I was gone, I am always so impressed with her and how well she takes charge of everything. She ended up teaching a golden family we contacted together in the street twice and that all accepted dates to be baptized. So awesome! 
I love these little boys. So cute.
I love that forts are universal no matter where you are in the world. It doesn't matter if it is made of blankets and chairs or rocks and wooden boards.
Cambios or Transfers are this week. I'm not really sure whats going to happen. President told me that he honestly hadn't decided about my change yet but he knows that I have been in my area for 6 months already which means my next area will be my last area. He said he usually likes to keep trainers and trainees together the entire training time 12 weeks but when my companion told him she wanted to stay with me he laughed and said You are going to keep her here with you that long?? I really don't care what happens but it is my companion's birthday on Wednesday so if I do I will have to say goodbye to her and travel that day. How sad!
Cute little old lady. I asked if I could take a picture of her and she said why? I responded because you are so beautiful. She said really? Then okay. It was cute.
This week was Semana Santa or the holy week all week long. During this week especially the end of the week its really tough to find anyone in their homes. Some traditions are that everyone doesn't eat meat, only fish all week long and that they do lots of reenactments of Christ's last week. Everyone in our area walked up to the hill with thirteen crosses and they did a huge program there. We couldn't find anyone for hours and then at about 5pm we saw thousands of people coming down from the hill. Lots of of them go to the mountains and fields to be with family and do large gatherings.

I was able to take time out in the midst of the busy week and think about what I consider to be the happiest words in all of scripture. He is risen! After all the prophets had testified and prophesied that he would come he did, and he did the will of his father and suffered, died and was resurrected for us. I know that he was resurrected and that he does live. He lives who once was dead and because he did we will be too. I am grateful for him and all he has done for me.
Ten points for anyone that can figure out this picture. Its like a cow thing and the rest of them are holding fake bread and running through the street with a band and beer. I took this right outside of our front door. lol

I hope that you all had a great week!

Hermana Rhoten 1

No comments:

Post a Comment