Monday, June 9, 2014

Hola Familia!


So we had cambios this week! We got the call Tuesday night that Hermana Pulce was getting voted off the island and getting sent to Huancavelica. Sad news for us because I loved being in a trio with them. I've always loved all my trios. The saddest part of it all was when we were riding back to Concepcion after dropping her off in Huancayo and it was my turn to pay so I said to the door lady "three for Concepcion" and then Hermana Fitzpatrick turned to me and said Hermana Rhoten there are only two of us now. So sad. But now to the happy news....Hermana Fitzpatrick just finished her training so I don't have a companion in training!!!!! I feel like a proud mother who's kids are finally all out of diapers. I love training but I've just never had a companion who isn't in training and it will be a nice break I think
We went to our less active member's guinea pig farm. She sells them to restaurants and things 
I love the investigators that we have right now. They are so great. Here's a couple stories: 
We were finally able to teach our investigators nine year old son this week. We invited him to be baptized and he accepted. After that one lesson, the next time we saw them his mom told us that he had been taking his Book of Mormon to school everyday and reading it and he says that he wants to be baptized. He's so cute. 
It turns out that my pension and her husband are both returned missionaries and not sealed in the temple. I'm not really sure how that happened but I love them and want them to be sealed someday. In order to get there they need to make a few adjustments in the way they are living. We have an investigator who has been coming to church now for about a month who happens to be friends with our pension's husband. They ran into each other on Saturday and our investigator said Why don't I ever see you at church? He replied I am there I'm just really late. Our investigator didn't believe him so he said we will see who gets there first tomorrow. Our investigator and our pension were the first two people there on Sunday. It was the first time he had come for all of sacrament meeting in a long time because they normally work on Sundays.

The rest of the week was pretty normal, I got attacked by this same dog three times (it saw me all the way down the street and ran up to me to attack me, not sure what I did to it), we got asked if we were single by lots of drunk men, got saved by our little friend named Aladdin, that's not really his name but he just reminds me of him because he roams the streets stealing things and riding on the back of motos without anyone seeing him so he doesn't have to pay. He even accompanied us to a lesson once because he was protecting us from danger (he's about 10 years old) and always carries a whip like thing, and we lost water and light a few times this week but it's all back now. We ate cereal and milk once for breakfast this week it was amazing! 

I am so happy to be here and be serving a mission. It's so fun watching people progress in the gospel. It's fun to look back and see how much you have learned and changed. I have become so grateful for the little miracles and love that God shows to us. 

Have a great week todos!


Hermana Rhoten 1

No comments:

Post a Comment